Thursday, February 23, 2012

I just ordered a bento box from ebay?

And I'm wondering....what do Americans put in these cute little lunch boxes?? I know in Japan, rice, protein, and vegetables/fruit are put in them. But what about the Westerners who are either 1.) Too naive to cook all the great food they have in Japan, or 2.) Are unable to access most of the ingredients in order to properly prepare the dishes?





Do you have a bento box? What do you put in it? How do you--as an individual--pack it so everything fits as it should??|||I just pack my normal lunch into it. Leftovers from the night before, or carrot sticks/fruits slices and a sandwich. I am especially proud when I make Japanese dishes to put into my bento, but by no means do I wake up at 5:00 am to pack a fancy lunch. The last bento I made was full of carnitas (all ingredients divided up) with a boiled egg and cookie.





I have several bentos; some work better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment