Sunday, February 26, 2012

Really good,easy japanese bento recipes?? plz answer fast! =)?

so just easy, cheap bento ideas (but not anything with sushi plz =p) and besides octopus weiners and onigiri(rice balls)


thanks =)|||I'm in the same situation as your husband. Traditional bento is served cold; however, I use a Thermos Nissan Stainless Steel Lunch Tote http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan-Oun鈥?/a> I got it about 10 yrs ago when I selected it out of my company's Christmas gift catalog. It took me awhile to appreciate it, but about five years ago, I started to regularly use it because sandwiches were getting old and boring. I now use it four times a week for lunch.





The Thermos Nissan has four containers. The #1 container is a leak-proof container (I always shake it after filling it to make sure the lid is on correctly). The #2 container is an insulated container for rice (not leak-proof). The #3 and #4 containers are Tupperware-like containers (not leak-proof). When I first got it, I didn't think it was big enough until I filled it up with food and then emptied everything on a dinner plate. I was amazed how much food it holds.





I fill the #1 container with hot soup (miso or Lipton cup-a-soup). The #2 container is 1/2 filled with brown rice and topped with protein (salted or smoked salmon, chicken, beef). The #3 and #4 containers are filled with steamed baby carrot, soy beans, cheese, etc. Sometimes I'll freeze a jello cup, remove the #3 container, drop the #4 container to the 3rd place, and put the frozen jello cup in the #4 position. (I hope that makes sense.) By freezing the jello, the heat from the soup and rice won't "melt" the jello.





I pack my Thermos Nissan between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. I'll eat lunch around 12:30 PM. After five hours, the soup and rice / protein stay warm and there's still a slight freeze to the jello. I truly look forward to lunch especially on cold days when I know I've got HOT SOUP.





After about five years of regularly using the Thermos Nissan, I can honestly say that it has improved my health (eating better food, eating smaller portions) to the point that I've lost weight, lowered my blood pressure, and everything else my doctor has told me to improve. I've also saved $$$$$$.





If you get the Themos Nissan or something similar, there is a learning curve on how to prepare and use it, but once you and your husband grasp it, you'll never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment