Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tips for a romantic bento?

So my boyfriend and I are about to have been together for half a year now and I want to do something special to mark the occasion. I already take my own bentos to school every day and I thought it would be nice to surprise him with a romantic bento. My problem is my bentos are very basic and I can't find tips anywhere on how to make a bento lunch more romantic. So please could someone give me some tips? I would greatly appreciate it!|||Bento can be very simple or very elaborately arranged. In Japan, there is a bento style called kyaraben or “character bento”, where the bento is designed to look like popular Japanese cartoon characters (anime) such as Anpanman, Doraemon and Mickey Mouse. You could do something along these lines to make a romantic bento.





Japanese Bento


http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…|||You can buy cookie cutters (small ones) and cut out heart shapes of the meat. You can carve carrot slices into flower shapes. You can buy plastic egg molds at the Japanese shops, cook a hard boiled egg, shell it while it's still hot, put the hot egg into the mold and refrigerate--when it is cold, unmold and it will be in the shape of the mold--molds come in star, heart, moon (car, fish, etc.) shapes--you can slice the unmolded egg in half so it looks pretty. Tuck some chocolate covered strawberries and melon in the box (not too many, Japanese bentos are usually just a taste of this, a taste of that).|||I am not sure if you can get the ingredients as seen in this seb sites:http://www.ajinomoto.co.jp/recipe/obento… but sure it gives you some hint in making a romantic bento.|||to go with the japanese theme of a bento box you should make little sushi rolls with heart shapes in them. they dont have to have fish anything works. just roll it so when you cut it theyll be little hearts!! and use his fave ingredients.|||wtf's a bento????

No comments:

Post a Comment