Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is Roasted Seaweed the same as Roasted Nori? (for Bento Box)?

I'm learning to make bento box lunches and I want to know what to look for when I'm at the store but I've seen these two things used a lot in the videos I watch and the recipes i read. I want to know if they're same and can be interchanged or if I have to get each thing separate.





Thank You^_^|||You are absolutely correct.


Roasted Seaweed = Roasted Nori.





Note: You'll need to pay attention to roasted seaweed/nori though. Some are seasoned and some are not. Some also contained a small amount of added oil. So, not all roasted seaweed/nori are identical.|||Yes, it is. Seaweed is called Nori in Japanese. It is a type of algae, traditionally cultivated in the harbours of Japan. Today nori is farmed, processed, toasted, packaged and sold in standard size sheets.





Nori Japanese Seaweed


http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010鈥?/a>|||the roasted sheets of seaweed are usually nori but there are shredded seaweed of many varieties

No comments:

Post a Comment