Thursday, February 16, 2012

Please, clear for me what's bento boxes. What can I eating in this place?

My English language's teacher didn't know this expression.Please, clear for me what's bento boxes. What can I eating in this place?
Bento loosely translated in to English from Japanese means quick or hurry, they sell bento boxed lunches all over Japan, and in Tokyo they have special store or companys who provide them to business, like a lunch cart in the US.



As the other people have stated they are laquered wood or plastic, with compartments for each food, and can be cold with sushi or hot with yakitori, takanotso (pork cutlet),

soba (buckwheat noodles), somen (wheat noodles) or a rice dish.



If you go to Japan and are travelling on the Bullet Train, you can purchase one in the station to eat on the train to Kyoto or Kobe, as the one on the train are much more expensive, and you need money for tea or beer after all??Please, clear for me what's bento boxes. What can I eating in this place?
Bento boxes are like lunch boxes, with little compartments for different dishes (rice, noodles, meat, vegetables etc). If you tell your English language teacher this, he or she will understand what a bento box is. There's not an exact equivalent to this outside of Japan, but in my opinion they're a great idea!Please, clear for me what's bento boxes. What can I eating in this place?
It's a portable box (for take-out, lunch for school or work, etc) for Japanese food that has small portions of different foods in each compartment. Traditionally, they include rice, fish, meat and some vegetables. Hope this helps.
  • sea doo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment