Monday, January 30, 2012

Where is a great place to look for Japanese items like chopsticks or bento boxes?

I'm real big into Japanese culture and I wanted to know a great place to find some Japanese items.Where is a great place to look for Japanese items like chopsticks or bento boxes?
If you're in Japan, you can find them just about everywhere, from discount stores to high end retailers.



Daiso, a popular chain of "dollar" stores in Japan, has an online shop for people in the US. They have a section dedicated to obento.Where is a great place to look for Japanese items like chopsticks or bento boxes?
If you're going to Japan, you can check for what are called 100 yen stores, which are like discount stores. They have literally everything under the sun made in Japan in them, and you'll probably go broke or crazy or both shopping in them.



I don't live in Japan, but I live on a US island about 3 hours flying time south of Japan. We have a rather large Japanese community here, which is growing by leaps and bounds. We have at least three 100 yen stores here, and I shop at all three now and then. Here we call them $1.50 stores because almost everything is priced at $1.50.



I've been to Japan many many times, and feel the same as you do about the culture, food, etc. If you'd like a little more info please feel free to contact me here, and I'll get the names of some good stores from some friends for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment