Monday, January 30, 2012

I just got a bento kit; what types of foods should I make with it?

A little Japanese store in town went out of business and I got a bento starter kit for very cheap! I'm very excited, as I love Japanese food and culture, but I find myself staring at the kit thinking "now what?" I'm not quite sure what to make to include in my bento box lunches!!! Does anyone have any advice?I just got a bento kit; what types of foods should I make with it?
Chirashi would be authentic.I just got a bento kit; what types of foods should I make with it?
Hello Ashley, The typical Japanese bento lunch box consist of a meat, rice and some vegetables and/or pickles. The meat can be a variety of fish such as salmon, or fried chicken, pork cutlets, sausage, hamburger. The rice can be plain or consist of a topping sprinkled on called “furikake”.



For an easy Japanese bento lunch box try some boiled white rice or onigiri (rice ball) with a rolled omlette and a few small main dishes like karaage (Japanese fried chicken), hamburger, tonkatsu (deep fried pork cutlet), gyoza (dumpling), spring rolls, mini sausages, potato or pasta salad.



This website has some great Japanese Recipes to help you out

http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/sear…I just got a bento kit; what types of foods should I make with it?
what's in the kit?
  • eragon book 4 release date
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment