Monday, January 30, 2012

Should I store a bento box lunch (w/ rice in it) in the fridge or at room temp when at work?

If I make it in the morning and keep it at room temp until lunch time, is it safe? Or do I need to refrigerate? I'm concerned about the rice getting hard if I refrigerate.Should I store a bento box lunch (w/ rice in it) in the fridge or at room temp when at work?
Hello Meringue, In Japan we usually don't refrigerate our bento lunches as it causes the rice to go hard and its not as tasty. I do carry mine in a special bento lunch box case that comes with an ice pack. This acts as a kind of fridge, but not as cold and keeps the bento nice and fresh for lunch.Should I store a bento box lunch (w/ rice in it) in the fridge or at room temp when at work?
I'd refrig it and if you are worried about dry rice, just add water to the rice and heat up. Food goes bad within 30 minutes.Should I store a bento box lunch (w/ rice in it) in the fridge or at room temp when at work?
I suggest refrigerating it b/c of the rest of the food in the box, bacteria spreads easier when things are not refrigerated

No comments:

Post a Comment