Monday, January 30, 2012

What can I make for lunch that I put in this bento?

Doesn't need to be Japanese, it seemed like a good system to carry food. What can I make that is healthy and will still be good 3 1/2 hours after it is packed?What can I make for lunch that I put in this bento?
Pasta, not so good. Especially if there is vinegar or citrus or peppers, it just intensifies the flavors. I have done pasta and is doable but not my fav.

Grilled herb and parmesan chicken is good, can be cooked and chilled. With a wildrice salad with spinach, tomatoes, kalamatas. For health reason by food safe standards food can only be left out 4 hours before serious bacteria start to grow. If you do a pasta leave the dressing on the side and do something no perishable like a lemon oil, or herb oil. Use some fresh lettuce on the bottom and top with grilled veggies. Sushis go well with bentos with fried chicken. Hard lettuce like Romaine and Iceberg hold up well with some croutons. Grilled salmon on asian style noodles go well. Or what about a somen salad, tofu and tuna salad. There are a lot of options but make sure you think about how the outcome of the flavors will be in for hours. Bento means room temp. A lot of the foods we have in Hawaii withstand the temperatures. We do fried chicken, hot dogs, rice, pickled veggies, musubis and noodles because it does not have elements that spoil. Good luck with your venture. Also teriyaki beef or chicken, egg fuyong or egg omelette with veggies, katsu.What can I make for lunch that I put in this bento?
pasta salad or rice salad... mix up whatever ingredients you like
  • jp cycles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment